Stress is the number one reason for disease and mental illness. Ongoing, chronic stress can cause or exacerbate many serious health problems, such as depression, anxiety, and personality disorders, cardiovascular disease, including heart disease, high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart attacks, and stroke.
My motto is always to live life abundantly, but how can you do this with a stress filled life?
My life was once highly stressful. I was always running around, trying to do it all for everyone and I was very overwhelmed. It wasn't until I started taking better care of myself that I began to lower my stress levels and take control over the way I wanted my life to go. These are my tips for cultivating a stress-free day in 10 mins or less. You can do one activity for ten minutes or combine these each of these as you wish to create a longer self care routine.
1. Deep Breathing Exercises- You'd be surprised at how stretching and rhythmic deep breathing can completely relax you. Adding binaural beats to this practice can add to your relaxation and you can feel your results in under 10 mins.
2. Meditation- 10 mins of meditation or prayer can quickly destress your day. When you are able to pray you are releasing your problems and when you meditate you are clearing your mind of any negative thoughts so both can assist with removing stress from your day.
3. Exercise- You don't need to hit the gym for a great work out, all you need is ten minutes and some great music to burn calories and feel amazing. I absolutely love Brittne Babe's fitness workouts click the link for her inspirational 10 minute exercise video.
4. Light A Candle Burn The Sage- Aroma Therapy has amazing benefits for the body you can read more about it here. The smell of burning sage relaxes most people but if your not a fan of the smell try palo santo or frankincense resin.
5. Affirmations- Daily affirmations of love to ones self can instantly make you feel lighter and less stressed. Look in the mirror and simply appreciate yourself, tell yourself all of the kind a great things that make you unique. To appreciate yourself is to appreciate all of creation, and you can only get back what you are, so be great. A good affirmation to tell yourself if you can't think of anything is: I am divinely created, I am pure love, I am enough. Just those three phrases will increase your daily energy and release tension in the body.
6. Tea Time- The right cup of tea can instantly relax you. Try a lavender chamomile mixture or Yogi Tea's bedtime tea or their stress free tea. They also have beautiful messages on the bag strings. You can also recycle the herbs by dropping the whole bag (not the string) into your compost pile if you have a garden. ( It takes less than 5 mins to make a great cup of tea)
7. Gratefulness Journal- Journaling daily for ten minutes about the everything that you are grateful for can be refreshing and allow you to see how much the little things in life matter. Looking at these daily reminders will help you realize that your creating your own problems by focusing on the bad and not the good that is happening for you on a daily basis. It could always be worse, so focus on the greatness in your life. And if you have internet or a wifi signal that is allowing you to read this that alone is enough to be grateful for!
8. Reflexology- The practice of reflexology is the application of appropriate pressure to specific points and areas on the feet, hands, or ears. Reflexologists believe that these reflex points correspond to different body organs and systems, and that pressing them creates real benefits for the person's health. Lots of places around town give ten minute sessions. A foot rub is like a Q-Tip in the ear unless you get weird about people touching your feet; not me!
9. Break It Up- This habit can get expensive but they have these new centers popping up where you can destress by breaking glass items. My low cost solution to this is go to dollar tree by some glass you want to break find safe easy to clean space and break it up,break it up, break it up....and listen to this while you do it.
10. Yoga/Tai Chi- look I honestly don't do a lot of Yoga I haven't been able to get fully into the practice but I often stand on my head and all that blood rushing to my head has quickly gotten rid of headaches and instantly relaxed me. I have also tried ten minutes of Tai Chi in the morning and it makes a huge difference.
Understanding that stress is mainly the things in our lives we allow to control us. All circumstances occur for our highest good even when we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. If you focus on reacting to life's hardships with gratitude and knowing that everything is being worked out for your greater good, you won't have much to stress about. If you need to remove toxic people or situations from your life in order to be stress free then do so, this experience called life is yours, learn to live it abundantly. I hope that you use these practices and combine them for the ultimate relaxing experience if you happen to try one of my suggestions or have your own feel free to comment below, just log in with your social page.
#stressfree #lessstress #goodvibes #feelgood #gratitude #exercise #taichi #teatime #yoga #breaks #reflexology #deepbreathing #meditation #journaling #gratefulness #sage #cleanseyourenergy #newmoonlove